Suddenly unable to send text messages to only one contact
DRAGONGOLD63

Hello.  I searched through the questions and didn't find what is happening to my phone. I have the LG G4 and have been using Message+ since I got this phone when it came out. I have never had any problems with my texts to any of my contacts. Recently, one of my contacts upgraded his phone to the LG G6. We have been able to text just fine after the upgrade, but suddenly it quit working. I can type one letter, then it grays out. I rotate the phone and I can type another letter and it grays out again. Sending test messages fail and his picture no longer shows up. Instead, it is a gray circle with 3 black shadow people. I have tried most of the suggestions that I found, but none seem to work. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Sharill

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suddenly unable to send text messages to only one contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DRAGONGOLD63, we definitely want you to stay connected via text. Let's tackle this together so you can stay in contact with others. What is your current software version on your device? To confirm, this issue is only occurring with the one specific contact correct? Does the same error occur when using the other default messaging app on the phone? (yellow messaging app)

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DRAGONGOLD63

JamieG_VZW,

Software version is: VS9862BA.

Yes, it is only occurring with one contact and I have never used any other messaging app.

Sharilll

<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
DRAGONGOLD63

This is a screenshot of the pic for my contact. NOT the one I have ever used or saved.

<<removed>>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn't an attachment in your post. You can't send an image through the email reply option. You need to sign into the community forum website and navigate to this discussion thread and post the image to the thread directly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DRAGONGOLD63

Okay. Thank you.

<<removed>>

0 Likes
DRAGONGOLD63

This is what I get now when I try to text to this one contact. notext.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DRAGONGOLD63, we appreciate the added info. I know how important it is for you to be able to text all your friends. 

Are you able to receive text messages from that contact? Are you attempting to send a text from a previous messaging thread? 

Try deleting the contact from your contact list, and deleting any previous message thread with that person. Manually enter their number and see if you're able to send the text. Keep us posted. 

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
whyIhatebigcompanies
Enthusiast - Level 2

i don't want to follow you on twitter as I don't use twitter, do you know the answer to this or not?

whyIhatebigcompanies
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am having the same issue

0 Likes