Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Switched phones to Galaxy S4, suddenly Messages /Integrated Messaging Service fails
ratebeerjoet

I use Windows Messages app and the iPad app with Verizon integrated services to receive messages from my phone. My iPad does not have Verizon service.

I recently switched phones at a Verizon store and came home to find my iPad and Windows Desktop machine no longer receiving my Verizon messages. I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps multiple times. This didn't help. The error I am getting on both devices right after installing and providing my mobile number in the startup pane is "Sorry, Integrated Messaging service is only available for Verizon Wireless numbers."

I saw some web discussion that Verizon was cutting off prepaid accounts from this service and was using device changes to cut off customers. Is this true?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched phones to Galaxy S4, suddenly Messages /Integrated Messaging Service fails
Not applicable

Hi there,

I don't know if the 'prepaid' limitation is a new change, but prepaid accounts are not eligible for Integrated Messaging service.

0 Likes