TEXT vs M2M TEXT
poleb7

I have the same issue.  The M2M help balloon says "M2M text are messages to and from one Verizon Network mobile device to another Verizon Network mobile device.  These messages are not counted toward message allowance."  I can send a text to my daughter, and she can reply.  We're both in the same family plan account (according to the bill i pay ), so I think it's certainly "to and from one Verizon Network mobile device to another Verizon Network mobile device". 

But all of these txts show up in the ordinary "Text" column in the usage report.  None of these txts show up in the M2M column.  I always have a zero there.  

I did a chat help session, and the person on the other end seemed to say that we only get free txts if we have unlimited txts.  We have a 250 limit.  I guess you can have M2M messages that "are not counted toward message allowance."  only if you do not have a message allowance.  Perhaps i misunderstood the verizon rep.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TEXT vs M2M TEXT
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are older text plans that included Verizon-to-Verizon texts, but the newer plans do not.  If you have the 250-text package that became available several years ago (and is now discontinued), then all texts sent/received count against your package.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tikibar1 is correct. For the 250 message plan, all messages sent or received count against that 250 limit.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dirtgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tikibar1 do I understand correctly then that under the new share everything plans the unlimited text part is to any one on any network now? I am about to upgrade and have several family members across the country on other carriers than verizon and I want to be sure when I upgrade I'm ok text wise. I currently pay for the unlimited text package as I am still on one of the old plans....

Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct.  From Verizon's web site regarding Share Everything:

Plans - Share Everything - Verizon Wireless

"Unlimited Messaging is for sending and receiving text messages (also known as SMS) and multimedia messages (also known as MMS) - including picture, video, voice, audio, location, group and contact messages - in the United States; (ii) text and multimedia messages sent via email; (iii) text and multimedia messages with customers of wireless carriers on participating networks in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. Premium Messaging programs not included."

0 Likes