Temporary background processing error message??
MRSDINGER7
Enthusiast - Level 1

keep getting this message. Syncing messages. Temporary background processing. I cant get rid of it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Temporary background processing error message??
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model device are you having the issue with?  What messaging service/app are you having the issue with?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MRSDINGER7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung 9+

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MRSDINGER7, I can see why you reached out for some support today. I will be happy to explain what that notification is, and how you can dismiss it.

Since you're using Verizon Messages, you can access your messages online through My Verizon. To make sure your messages there match what you see on your phone, the messaging app will sync with our online server. The last Android update made some changes where your phone will alert you when apps are running in the background, hence why you see the notification.

You can turn off that notification by pressing on it when it appears. An option to disable the notification will become available. You can then select to turn it off. Did I explain everything okay?

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: I keep getting this message. Syncing messages. Temporary background processing. I cant get rid of it.
jenieb73

actually i have the same message, but my gmail account on verizon phone is not syncing, i am not receiving any messages, which is a definite problem.  I logged onto gmail on PC and same issue,  no emails.  

0 Likes
Rdon354

That doesn't work. Pressing on the message doors nothing at all. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rdon354, having an error messages appear on your device can certainly frustrate, especially if it's a constant issue, we want to find a solution. Which messaging app are you using? What is your device make and model? When did the issues start and have you done any changes (new update, new phone, a new app, etc)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Sexinthecity

Motorola Z3 and I use Verizon

0 Likes