Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Temporary background processing of Messages+
TADOFA
Enthusiast

Temporary background processing of Messages+ has been going on for about 2 weeks now on both our phones. We are not syncing messages with any device. Running s9 with latest version per play store.  Its draining batteries something fierce

Labels (1)
Re: Temporary background processing of Messages+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TADOFA

We don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Have you updated the software for the Message+ application in the Google Play market? 

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Skelley517
Enthusiast

I am having the same problem. It is constantly there and draining the battery excessively. Same specs as about e message. I already deleted the app and reinstalled, as well as deleted a whole bunch of messages. If no fix is found soon,  I will look for a different app. 

labaladeplata97
Enthusiast

I don't know about background processes but ever since pie update last month Verizon message plus uses 30% to 50% of my battery in 2 hours I un plug it at 6 a.m. and by 9:30 the battery is at 30% go into battery usage and everything else is 1 to 5%.... message plus 15 to 30% this needs to be fixed ASAP I've been using this app for years never this issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, labaladeplata97. It's essential for your battery to last, so I understand your concern when you're having difficulty with the Messages Plus app. I'm here to help. Have there been any other changes? Have you installed any new apps?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
VH5

Same issue!

0 Likes