Re: Text Messages  Sent as Chat?
jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the explanation, I too came to that conclusion (minus the error logs because that is beyond my capability). I did revert back to the stock Android message platform, re-enabled notifications and restarted my phone, which I was told would work by Verizon themselves...but now I am not getting any text messages from anyone, even if they are not Verizon customers and/or non-Verizon Messages+ users. Uninstalling the updates also did not work. My husband and I cannot text at all now, and my boss called me screaming earlier today when he was on his way to a client meeting and texted me asking for their number and I never got it. I am literally stuck without the ability to message anybody. I've tried to reset my phone and applications to default, and it still did not work. I am beyond livid with Verizon- it was a perfect app before any of this unnecessary nonsense.

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages Sent as Chat?
Pjgraber03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm giving people an answer and a solution since this is a major problem. Plus with Verizon messages installed no other messaging app will receive texts.  Verizon should have tested this prior to release.  Just saying.

0 Likes
jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. It's mind blowing to think they put this out there globally without making sure it worked perfectly. If this goes on another day I will drop them. I also found it insane that I didn't even update the app and the changes still took place, I had to go into the app store and update it manually hoping it would fix the errors.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've had similar results.  When I disabled VM and went back to the stock app, I'm able to send texts.  And I'm able to receive texts ... unless the sender is using the updated version of VM.

0 Likes
Pjgraber03
Enthusiast - Level 2

No no your not getting it. You need to completely remove Verizon messages of your going to revert/change messenging app. If you don't uninstall Verizon messages then yes you will not get any incoming at all

0 Likes
jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have the option to uninstall messages+. I tried to do that but could only uninstall the updates, the messages+ app is now a permanent fixture on my galaxy edge 7.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They may not be able to remove the app, but they should be able to disable it.

0 Likes
Pjgraber03
Enthusiast - Level 2

O ya I guess not everyone is rooted...I forget that sometimes

0 Likes
Kcoll025

Best thing to do for those that don't use messages+ is just go into messages+ and delete your account through there so that the people that use the app can text those that don't.

0 Likes
PTDPROD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like Verizon messenger Verizon to Verizon texting broke in the recent upgrade. 3 of us went to the Play Store , looked up Verizon Messenger and checked the uninstall box. This restored the previous version for us  and we are back to texting again in Verizon Messenger. Also be sure to go to the upper right corner in the play store for verizon messenger and touch the 3 button and uncheck auto update to prevent the update to halpen again until they fix the problem.  This worked for us hope it does for others..