Re: Text Messages Sent as Chat?
bmgordon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem starting today and I didn't change or install anything.  I have gone back to the LG Messaging app that came with my phone and now I can send and receive texts. 

0 Likes
Pjgraber03
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's a fix to a point.  Once you downgrade to the previous version you can get texts UNLESS the person texting still has the newest version.  If they have the newest version you will not be able to get their texts

0 Likes
PTDPROD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup agreed on all account Verizon broke its MESSENGER so yes others need to

do the down grade as well . Sorry if I was not clear on that point . Thus

the statement the 3 of us down graded. This is a Verizon thing they need to

fix. However texting Verizon to Non verizon work regardless of version .

It is just Verizon to Verizon that is broken . Hope this helps and Aloha

to all.

0 Likes
splat10

If you delete your account everything works again and you go back to using sms instead of chat.  Only problem is if you were using it on multiple devices it won't work anymore.  It also won back your messages up if you have to do a factory reset. 

The other problem with chat is that it won't notify you in your car as those only work on sms.

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages  Sent as Chat?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are other SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store that work great for backing up the text messages and restoring to a device. In fact I use one that will backup more than the 90 days worth of messages that Verizon Messages is limited to. I recently used my preferred backup application to restore 6 years of messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Deb1234567

I uninstalled the update and reverted back to Message+'s factory settings.  I didn't lose any information in the process, and it took care of the problem where some of my contacts (my husband, for one) were suddenly "chats" instead of SMS messages.  However, reverting to the factory settings removed some previous updates that did work correctly.

0 Likes