Text Messaging Network Problem
xanadu324

I can send and receive texts from almost all of my other friends, but I keep trying to send a text to one of my friends and it keeps coming back Message to (ph. #) failed: Network Problem.

I've taken out the battery with the phone on, I've done *228, still undeliverable, but I can (seemingly) message everyone else, and get their texts just fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messaging Network Problem
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
ya being on sprint helps. I figured you may be blocked but if he's on sprint you wouldn't be getting a response. Since texting works for everybody else it definetly sounds like an issue with his service. Hope you get it resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
When the message comes back, does it show his number or yours? If it shows his number, it is very likely just a prank your friend is playing. But if the message is coming from your number then i'd give a call to tech support
0 Likes
xanadu324

It shows as a message coming from my number. I tried calling tech support but since I'm on a family plan, I need the account password, and God only knows what that is. Not sure that the account owner would give it to me, but I guess he can call them for my phone, right?

0 Likes
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
i would suggest not calling from your phone since they will want to troubleshoot it. Another question though, what happens when you call your friend?
0 Likes
xanadu324

Good question. I didn't call b/c they're in class atm. Hence, the txt message. I guess I'll find out tonight.

I appreciate the help, even though I'm not being very helpful.

They're on Sprint, btw, if that means anything.

Also, they haven't texted me at all today, either. IDK if that's just because they haven't, or because they can't, but I'm assuming if it's the latter that it's their phone and not mine, yes?

0 Likes
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
ya being on sprint helps. I figured you may be blocked but if he's on sprint you wouldn't be getting a response. Since texting works for everybody else it definetly sounds like an issue with his service. Hope you get it resolved.
0 Likes
xanadu324

Thanks again for the help, it's really much appreciated. I'll figure something out I suppose.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

xanadu324 wrote:

Good question. I didn't call b/c they're in class atm. Hence, the txt message.

:smileyvery-happy:  The first thought that occurs to me is ...  Parental controls ... blocking the texting/calling while the phone is supposed to be off anyway.

Another thought - are you using the full 10-digit number to send the message?

0 Likes