Text Messaging Problem
mobchin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can send texts without any problem to anyone but cannot receive texts from non-verizon wireless subscribers (specifically AT&T). Was having a similar problem with Sprint subscribers but once I updated my IOS software, I started receiving texts from them.  What can cause this to happen?  Is there a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messaging Problem
mobchin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem seemed to be resolved prior to answer.  I had already updated the iOS software and was still experiencing a problem.  I later went into into settings, then messages and turned the iMessage on/off/on.  I then started receiving text messages from non-verizon wireless subscribers again. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mobchin,

We do not want you to have anymore texting issues! Let's get this issue resolved. Are the phones trying to text you iPhones also? Have you reset your network setting yet? http://vz.to/1ffrBDp Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mobchin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem seemed to be resolved prior to answer.  I had already updated the iOS software and was still experiencing a problem.  I later went into into settings, then messages and turned the iMessage on/off/on.  I then started receiving text messages from non-verizon wireless subscribers again. 

Thanks!

0 Likes