Text Messaging to Dubai's Etisalat Carrier
jdeleon3

Reading  this discussion (Receiving international SMS), it looks like there's been a long  standing issue between Dubai's Etisalat carrier and Verizon.  I've had zero luck sending text messages.  My phone (Galaxy Note 4) will say that it is sent, but it is never received.  Likewise, when she sends a message to me, it tells her that it was sent successfully, yet I never receive.  It's also interesting to note that when I try to send a Multimedia Message, I get Failed (atleast I get the correct feedback here).

To answer a few questions up front:

* Yes, I have International Messaging on my plan through the MORE EVERYTHING plan.  I even added an International calling plan to my account to see if that was the issue.

* Yes, I am sure the number is formatted correctly, as I am able to call the number no issues.

* Yes, I am sure that she is able to send text messages to the US...she sends them to her friend all the time (different carrier).

Does anyone know if this issue is actively being worked on, or has ANYONE ever had success sending a message?  When I call 611, they essentially say check with Etisalat rather than own up to the fact that although UAE is on supported country list, they're not really currently supported...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messaging to Dubai's Etisalat Carrier
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdeleon3,

This is disheartening to see that you are still having these messaging issues. This is never the experience that we want for you to have when you are out of the country. Are you using the stock text app or using another app for texting such as Verizon Messages +? Please try these steps for clearing the cache on the app http://vz.to/1iYEny0 & keep us updated on the progress.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdeleon3,

Thanks for the very detailed mesesage. We know how important reliable international service is to our customers. To be clear have you been able to reach out to our Global services team? They'd be able to best assist in providing you with any additional information or steps at this point; 908-559-4899.

TrevorC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jdeleon3

I did talk to them after you provided me with that information, but it wasn't much help.  They did a test on the towers in my area and "Found no issues".  They left a message wanting to troubleshoot my phone, but I know that it is a much greater issue than just my phone, as I had a coworker try, I've tried, as well as had my mom try on her new phone (she's also on Verizon Share Everything Plan and is in a completely different state).  None of us had success sending a message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdeleon3,

This is disheartening to see that you are still having these messaging issues. This is never the experience that we want for you to have when you are out of the country. Are you using the stock text app or using another app for texting such as Verizon Messages +? Please try these steps for clearing the cache on the app http://vz.to/1iYEny0 & keep us updated on the progress.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes