Text Messaging typing isn't working
bleakle2

I will be typing something and then it stops typing.  I can click on things but it just wont type!!! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! It just started doing this today. PLEASE HELP! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messaging typing isn't working
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

What application do you use for text messaging?  Do you see this behavior in all of your apps that involve typing (other messaging apps, Gmail, etc.)?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?  Pulling the battery?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks to the community for posting.  Can you specify if you are using the stock text app or a 3rd party one? Are you having issues when you type to send an email or post on Facebook?  Do you have any other issue with the phone?  When did this start happening to your device? Please answer these questions so we can resolve this issue for you.  Thanks.

0 Likes
anth_iz

i am having a simular problem. it started yesterday. i sent one text and the next one ten min later i typed about 10 characters it froze then closed the text screen and went back to the main home screen... and after further investigation it is locking up on all type in screens. it looks fine the first couple of characters typed in the spell check is showing below the type in screen and then the spell check disappears and its locked up...

and its the stock app.

the last thing i noticed updating on my phone was the google books... it did it all by itself only reason i even noticed was because i was looking at my phone when google books decided to update... gotta love that it updates all by itself, thanks google love ya...

and then about an hour later problems...

0 Likes
anth_iz

ok figured something else out... using the slide out keyboard is when it seems to lock up. when using the touch screen it works but keeps freazing breifly (2-3 secounds) and then continues working...

0 Likes
cittykat

I am also having a problem with my text.  It started a couple days ago.  I'm not using a 3rd party messaging system, the one that is with the phone.  Since the upgrade on my phone that I did about a month ago, it seems as though I have had more problems with this phone.  I didn't have any issues prior and now my text messaging keeps freezing after each word.  I used to love my phone.  What can I do to fix the text messaging?? 

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello cittykat,

I can certainly help you with your ability to type a text message on your device! Are you having this issue with the on screen keyboard and the physical qwerty keyboard? If so then it sounds like it may be software related. Please share the exact software version you have on the device, Android version, baseband version, and system version. Also, have you done a factory data reset on the device since you have installed the software update. In most cases, this resolve software related issues. Here is a link on how to perform a reset on the Droid 2 & Droid 2 Global.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31308

Of course, I recommend that you verify that your contacts and calendar entries are backed up before the reset. Backup assistant is very useful in saving contacts and calendar entries can be saved to your Gmail account. Keep in mind that your media, pictures, videos, and music, are saved on the memory card. 

Once the reset has been completed, a tutorial will walk you through activating an setting up the device. Once the device is setup, please test your voice and data service. During this process, try   to use the physical keyboard and on-screen keyboard to confirm functionality. If the problem persist then please reply to this message with your findings so I can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes