Re: Text Online very difficult to use
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like to me that the Windows 10 Store app Messages+ by Verizon is no longer available (removed or unlisted). I know I have it listed in My Library of previously used apps, but right now it is taking forever to refresh.

Anyways, I think I may have stumbled onto the problem, and want to apologize for being frustrated. I *think* the problem is being caused by my LastPass browser extension which I use in all browsers. I tried turning it off and it works much better. However, then I tried turning it on and realized I had also enabled the "Allow access to file urls" or something similar in the extension options, which is not enabled by default, and I disabled that. There are a few occasional hiccups/refreshes now, but on the whole the Text Online feature is working much better. So the problem is probably on my end. I will keep testing that.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@byroniac wrote:

It looks like to me that the Windows 10 Store app Messages+ by Verizon is no longer available (removed or unlisted). I know I have it listed in My Library of previously used apps, but right now it is taking forever to refresh.

Anyways, I think I may have stumbled onto the problem, and want to apologize for being frustrated. I *think* the problem is being caused by my LastPass browser extension which I use in all browsers. I tried turning it off and it works much better. However, then I tried turning it on and realized I had also enabled the "Allow access to file urls" or something similar in the extension options, which is not enabled by default, and I disabled that. There are a few occasional hiccups/refreshes now, but on the whole the Text Online feature is working much better. So the problem is probably on my end. I will keep testing that.

Good job 'stumbling' on your possible resolution.  If you think the issue is resolved you might mark your post ANSWERED so we don't get any more incorrect info.  It's unfortunate that the Verizon agents got confused/off topic on the Message+ track.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, the problem has not been resolved. It just started happening again. No idea why. At first, I thought it was for the longer conversations that require several page refreshes to load or something. But some conversations I clicked on were very short and still went through many page refreshes before displaying anything. So the next thing I have tried is right-clicking the extension and where it says, "This can read and change site data" with three options available and changed it to "When you click the extension". But it did not help matters. No other extensions are enabled. So the issue is not resolved, but sometimes it is very slight and at other times, it is an almost constant problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks, just to clarify, when did this originally become an issue? Did your pc go through an update recently? How long was it working well for you just recently?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, this happens on more than one PC (at home and at work). I think it has been this way for a year or more, but I just now complained about it. I think it worked reasonably well a year or more ago.

0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

For some reason, most of yesterday and so far all of today it is working fine. Go figure. I am happy, but mystified.

0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Back to not working well at all today.

0 Likes
mamarcac
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's clearly a verizon server-side issue. Their online texting feels like it's on its last leg, and they still don't have a Windows 10 compatible app version so we are stuck with the web-based version, which they haven't updated in years.

Super fudging frustrating to say the least. Then one of their Bots comes on here asking useless, distracting questions, and no answers are ever given.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@mamarcac wrote:

It's clearly a verizon server-side issue. Their online texting feels like it's on its last leg, and they still don't have a Windows 10 compatible app version so we are stuck with the web-based version, which they haven't updated in years.

Super fudging frustrating to say the least. Then one of their Bots comes on here asking useless, distracting questions, and no answers are ever given.

You're NOT stuck with the web-based version.  You can look at a previous post with a link to the v1.0.17.0 .exe file download.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
screwthis2

Having this problem as well. It is beyond frustrating- I have had verizon for 20 years, and need to be able to use the online text service during this time. No matter what platform or machine I use, it gets stuck in never-ending refresh loop. Over and over. 

This is clearly a Verizon issue as I have used 4 different machines and 3 browsers and had the exact same issue repetitively. Please fix this ASAP. 

0 Likes