Re: Text Online very difficult to use
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@screwthis2 wrote:

Having this problem as well. It is beyond frustrating- I have had verizon for 20 years, and need to be able to use the online text service during this time. No matter what platform or machine I use, it gets stuck in never-ending refresh loop. Over and over. 

This is clearly a Verizon issue as I have used 4 different machines and 3 browsers and had the exact same issue repetitively. Please fix this ASAP. 

The Verizon Messaging Team can be reached by email to verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com.  I just sent an email asking for an update.  If they get enough emails, maybe we'll see some results quicker.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, to give an update so far. Still having the problem off and on (mostly on), sometimes worse, sometimes better. I am trying a few other things, such as digging deep into my Google Chrome settings and turning off options like "Preload pages for faster browsing and searching" and anything else like that I can find. Too early to tell if this is helping.

HOWEVER, one possible workaround for me on Windows 10 at least, is using Microsoft's My Phone app and bluetooth pairing it (as well as connecting using my Microsoft email account) and using the text messages feature that way. Works much better, FWIW (For What It's Worth). I really do wish Verizon would fix the Text Online feature, first, and second to that, perhaps bring back a Windows 10 Store app or even the old EXE (which I just downloaded from another post in this thread, thank you for that, and I can try that too).

I have been a very loyal Verizon customer for a number of years and they are almost the only game in town, but even I am considering Spectrum for Mobile now, but I would prefer to remain with Verizon.

0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just did this myself; thanks. Hopefully someone will see and care about it and the feature will be fixed. I loved it back when it worked properly. I would love to use it again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, screwthis2! We would like to start off by saying we absolutely value your loyalty! Being able to send and receive messages is vital, and we are here to help. Can you please elaborate further? What is the reason that you are not using the text message service directly from your phone? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure that this is resolved. Since finding this work around, how has this been working for you? 

Jose A.M_VZW

0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do use the text messaging service on my phone, but I do not always have my phone handy (even though it is in the same room). I am really not "on" my phone unless I have to be.

0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Microsoft My Phone workaround is the only one working so far, thanks.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@byroniac wrote:

The Microsoft My Phone workaround is the only one working so far, thanks.

The last two days when I've tried the texting online, it has worked without the constant refreshing.  Will try again right now.

It worked right now as well, no refreshing.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Two or three days ago Text Online worked excellently for about a day, then it has so far returned to its former neverending refresh loop, including today after checking it just a few seconds ago. So, like I said, I still have the problem off and on, very much so more on than off.

0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well late this afternoon Text Online is working great, so fingers crossed. I can't do anything else on my end that I know of. I hope that they are working on it, because it seems it is working much better right now, at least, and I am thankful for that.

0 Likes