Text message content
lararizona

Does anyone know if it is possible to view the content of text messages and replies on a line without using the device to email it?  The texts are erased from the phone already so it would not be possible to email it.  Is there anyway online or by calling Verizon?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text message content
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
Unfortunately the only way to get message content is through a court order. Even if you are the owner of the account. Another piece of information to know is that text messages are kept on the server for approximately 3-5 days, maximum of 10. If it's been longer then that since the text message was recieved(sent messages can not be retrieved by the way) then you will be unable to retrieve the messages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
Unfortunately the only way to get message content is through a court order. Even if you are the owner of the account. Another piece of information to know is that text messages are kept on the server for approximately 3-5 days, maximum of 10. If it's been longer then that since the text message was recieved(sent messages can not be retrieved by the way) then you will be unable to retrieve the messages.
0 Likes
lararizona

thanks for the help.  I started to read some other posts and found that it may be impossible.  If the phone has already deleted them, then there is no way to restore, correct?  I am talking about a week's time.

0 Likes
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1
right, unfortunately on a phone like yours, once deleted from the phone there is no application or program that can restore :smileysad:.
0 Likes
lararizona

What about a smart phone?  It isn't the messages on my phone we want to retrieve its on a different phone, a Moto Q

0 Likes
BlackDragon
Contributor - Level 1

well it would be too late now but windows offers an application that backups up all your information over the air, including text messages. It's called microsoft myphone and you should be able to download it from windows marketplace,  if that's not available on your Q i believe there's another way but it's been so long since i've had a windows phone i don't remember :smileysad:

0 Likes
arubi007

what phones are necesaryto do this? if i want to keep tabs on my dougthters phone with out having to take her phone physically. I can buy the phones that i would require but dont know the phones or the apps I need

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

arubi007 wrote:

what phones are necesaryto do this? if i want to keep tabs on my dougthters phone with out having to take her phone physically. I can buy the phones that i would require but dont know the phones or the apps I need

access it physically

tyell her you are doing it

tell her you will check her text messeges with the log on vzw

anything deleted and she loses the phone

be the parent set the rules

0 Likes