Text messages missing from log
JoeV13

I had about 35 text messages all from the same number disappear from the message log that is on-line.  Do you know how this happened and how do I get them back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages missing from log
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JoeV13, let's solve this mystery together! The text details will show online for a maximum of 90 days before the details are no longer available and new text threads update. Also, if you are using an iPhone and sent the messages via iMessage those details are not viewable since it runs through Apple's system.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

JoeV13

These messages are from an Android phone and they were from last week March 25-March27 I think.  They are on my second line and were listed on the on-line message log on Thursday but on Sunday they were gone.

0 Likes
JoeV13

These messages are from an Android phone and they were from last week March 25-March27 I think.  They are on my second line and were listed on the on-line message log on Thursday but on Sunday they were gone.

0 Likes
JoeV13

These messages are from an Android phone and they were from last week March 25-March27 I think.  They were listed on the on-line message log on Thursday but on Sunday they were gone.

0 Likes
JoeV13

Is there a way for someone to delete them or hide them?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, JoeV13! Thanks for the further details. I was wondering what kind of Android device do you have? Are you using the defult text messaging application on the phone or are you using a 3rd party app (example: Hangouts, GoSms Pro)? Have you noticed this happening to other messages in your phone? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JoeV13

Motorola Razr M with the default messaging app.  No I have not seen this happen to other messages yet.

0 Likes
JoeV13

The odd part these numbers only seem to disappear from one of the for numbers that I have.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the extra details, JoeV13. I use Verizon Messages myself and love having those texts to view online. If you look at the user's phone, are those same messages you're referring to still on the phone? If the user has deleted the text messages from their phone through the Verizon Messages application and the device syncs with the website, the messages are deleted from the website as well. They can only be restored if the messages had been saved to the SD card or internal phone storage.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes