We want you able to get your messages wherever you need them. Those should absolutely sync up. What happens when you try to access them on your other devices? Are you still able to send messages from other devices?
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
when I access them with the app on my iPad or log on via the web, all I see
are the MMS messages that I've sent/received. No SMS messages show up
anywhere. I can send text messages from the app or the web, but SMS
responses do not appear.
On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 12:09 PM, andrewt_vzw <email@example.com>
Many other people are having this problem... just check the forums. Here are the details that I've experienced:
- The only source of complete messaging data is the primary phone. That is the only place I can see every message sent or received.
- I can send messages from the web messaging interface or the stand-alone Windows application and they get delivered fine.
- Although I can send messages, any SMS message that is sent by anyone else to me only appears on my phone. It does not appear on the web interface or the Windows application. For some reason MMS messages do get synched and appear on the web or Windows application, it's only SMS messages that don't. Of course most messages are SMS messages.
- Even my own SMS messages don't get synched properly. If I send a SMS message from my phone, my own message does not appear on the web or Windows application. As with messages sent by other people, my own MMS messages do show up, only the SMS ones don't.
Please fix this!
I know how important it is to have your messages synced on multiple devices, SIMSZY94. Try unsubscribing from integrated messaging and then subscribe again, and test.
- From the app, tap the Menu icon
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down the menu and tap Unsubscribe.
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Yes I unsubscribed then resubscribed. All that did was wipe out all
messages and start with a clean slate. Only MMS messages appear in the app
or when I log in via vtext.com
I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing. As was the case with another user, that simply wiped out the entire record of existing messages, but the problem remains. I can send and receive MMS messages fine through the web app, but any SMS messages I send from my phone do not appear on the web app, and any SMS messages anyone else sends me are also not visible on the web app.
I think this issue needs to be escalated. I don't think it's something that the service desk has a solution to. I think there was a configuration change or a software update or patch that broke this service. It needs to be rolled back or fixed.