Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Text messages not being received
Alesiahoosier

I have an I Phone 4s through my employer.  My family is on an AT&T plan.  My wife and daughter can receive my text messages but my son can not.  Help. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages not being received
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Aleshiahoosier,

I would like to make sure you are able to consistently communicate with your family! Do the text messages to your son on your device show that they were sent? If not, are you getting a specific error message? Is his number saved in your phone as a 10 digit number starting with area code or is it 11-digits starting with a 1? Typically, it is best to save contacts as a 10 digit number.  May I ask what type of phone your son is using? If it is also an iPhone, we may want to review the settings for iMessage, as that is transmitting the messages through the data network not SMS. If you are not using iMessage with your son then we can look further into the messaging records to see if it is leaving our network the right way. Please feel free to send me a private message and we can fully troubleshoot your messaging concerns. I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes