Text messages
micbledsoe

So, is there anyway I can find out what my kids are texting to their friends?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there micbledsoe,

I know it is important to make sure that your kids are using there devices safely and I want to assist.

At this time if you review the usage through My Verizon you will only be able to see the numbers that texted them and the numbers they texted.

There is a way to retrieve text message content, but because of the number of text messages that are sent and received on a daily basis it is pretty limited. Text message content is maintained in Verizon message centers only for up to 10 days from receipt by VZW. All requests for text message content must be made through an attorney or court and they should call in to 800-451-5242.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phones do they have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sure as a parent take the phone and look. Compare texts to the log online, if texts are missing, take the phone away.

0 Likes
micbledsoe

One kid has a Droid and the other has an iphone4. I can see who they are texting through my online account, but is there anyway possible I can see what they are texting the other person? Is there someone I can contact to get this information?

0 Likes
micbledsoe

That's hard to do with technology today, they have a lock/code on the phone.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Are you paying the bill? If so, DEMAND they unlock the device and let you see what is being sent and received.,

VZW will not offer you any info as they have no idea if the phones are your kids, a relative, your spouse..... and giving that info out would open them up to legal privacy issues.

You can try to get a judge to sign an order for VZW to release the info to you for the last 3-5 days, however I would suspect the judge would deny the request and say teh same thing I did.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there micbledsoe,

I know it is important to make sure that your kids are using there devices safely and I want to assist.

At this time if you review the usage through My Verizon you will only be able to see the numbers that texted them and the numbers they texted.

There is a way to retrieve text message content, but because of the number of text messages that are sent and received on a daily basis it is pretty limited. Text message content is maintained in Verizon message centers only for up to 10 days from receipt by VZW. All requests for text message content must be made through an attorney or court and they should call in to 800-451-5242.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes