Text messaging fails
cannon89

hi, havingthis issue with text messages, but only with half of my contacts. I know each of them have smart phones, either droid or iPhones, and it makes no difference which they have. some work just fine others don't.

How do I fix this.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging fails
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check to be sure that the number you have in your contact list is the full 10 digit phone number, area code and number with no leading "1". 

What kind of phone do you have?  Are you using an app to text or just regular text messaging?

0 Likes
cannon89

yes, full 10 digit in the case of all contacts. iPhone 5. I have tried to text (standard to number and email for each) neither works.

Adam

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few more questions - what happens when you say it "doesn't work"?  Do the messages appear to send but the recipient never gets them?  Do you get an error message?  A red X or other indication that the message was not sent?  Do the messages arrive hours later?

Is there a pattern to the messages that don't work?  By that, I mean - can you respond to messages sent to you but those you initiate don't work?  Is it the same contacts that don't work or does it seem random?

0 Likes
Tzar

I am having the same or similar issue with my Razr. Since the update, some of my texts simply never go out. There is no pattern, sometimes they go out fine, sometimes they sit there with an arrow like they are trying to go out, but they never do.There is no discernible pattern, I can send 5 texts in a row to a person and have anywhere from 0 to 5 of them work. 

0 Likes
cannon89

I get the red x, and error message that the message failed to send.

Adam

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cannon89 - it sounds like a possible signal issue if the message is not sending at all - have you tried a REsend from another location?

@Tzar - I wish I had an answer.  I just recently upgraded to a Droid 4 - and so far I have had one text message be delayed by about 3 hours. All the rest seem to have gone through as expected, as far as I know (timely responses, conversations back and forth, etc)

0 Likes