Text messaging failures
cosmicjans

I can't receive or send text messages. Is this network related? Anyone else having troubles?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging failures
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

What phone?
What zip code?

Are you receiving a good signal?
Have you tried calling Customer Service to see if there is a tower problem in your area?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cosmicjans, let's get your messages flowing again. We are here to resolve this for you. Please provide us the following information phone model, zip code, using message app? Also, how is the call quality? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cats1424
Enthusiast - Level 2

One person can not receive my text messages...everybody else receives them...but,.I can receive from this person.  I am not blocked on their cell phone and I used to be able to send them messages.  I've deleted their contact info and shut down my phone....then added their contact info but still no luck.  I'm so frustrated I'm considering shutting down my account.  And, to make it even worse Verizon's Customer Support is very difficult to navigate so they are not much help.

plancheck

My Samsung III also just quit sending my texts on Friday. I can receive but can no longer send.

Zip is 46221 and I can't find a tech support number to call anywhere on this or other Verizon websites!

Help!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call Customer Service; when you get the phone tree, press 3 for Tech Support.

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cats1424,

The LAST thing that we want is for you any frustration to build up on a situation that can easily be resolved. There's no need to consider shutting down your account. I'm confident that together we can get this issue resolved once and for all. May I ask what make and model device do you have? Also, what service provider and device does the other mobile number have? The steps that you have taken are very effective. Based on the information that you provider, I believe that the issue is on the other party's end. Once you share the details of the questions asked then we can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

plancheck, thanks for these details. No issues reported in Indiana at this time. However, let's take a closer look at your device. Which phone do you have? First, I recommend that you delete any unwanted text messages in your device and power it off/on to soft reset it.

Keep us posted. If the issue persist, you may contact our Customer Service Department at 800-922-0204 from an alternate phone.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes