Text messaging on desktop
notvmorrow

On the desktop version, the contact info is incorrect.  I have updated all of them in my phone, but they are not showing up as correct in the desktop version.  Any suggestions how I fix this?  I do not have the cloud and dont want to use that.  I have been messed over by that cloud before, and cant afford to lose numbers and contacts again. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messaging on desktop
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@notvmorrow wrote:

Ya, this is a new laptop, so it is not the version you cant get.  Although on my desktop, I have that old download one and it has incorrect numbers on it too.  They just are not updating.  I have an android, I save all my contacts as google contacts/numbers.  When I change them on my phone, they dont seem to ever update.  So I have to constantly refer to my phone when I need to message someone.  I use messaging constantly to dispatch my drivers and its time consuming.  

I'm assuming it's a laptop running Win10.  If you have one of the old Message+ desktop versions, v1.0.17.0 or v2.0.2.0 then they are no longer supported.  If you have one of them working, it is a matter of time before the servers they are connecting to will notice and deny you service.  If you're running v3.0.1, then it is the new version released around 8/21 but removed from the Microsoft Store recently. It still will work but is no longer supported and all bets are off on any help getting the contacts to update properly or even identify where the app gets them.  I don't know anything about the MacBook desktop Message+ app.

Have you tried using the browser access, https://web.vma.verizon.com to see if it works for you?  I know my contacts don't show properly in the text messages there and I've pretty much given up trying to get them sync'ed since I can't find out where the website looks for them.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

notvmorrow, when it comes to Verizon Messages, besides using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Messages may update slowly but it will update. How old is the contact information? for instance, is that old contact number in your phone now? 

-Nicci

0 Likes
notvmorrow

No, the phone number is not the same, it has been changed for months.  How long do you think it will take to change?  Like 4-6 months old these numbers are. 

0 Likes
notvmorrow

Im sorry, not the phone number, but the contact name has been changed. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@notvmorrow wrote:

On the desktop version, the contact info is incorrect.  I have updated all of them in my phone, but they are not showing up as correct in the desktop version.  Any suggestions how I fix this?  I do not have the cloud and dont want to use that.  I have been scre*** over by that cloud before, and cant afford to lose numbers and contacts again. 

Are you referring to M+ browser access or the Win10 desktop app (which is no longer available in the Microsoft Store, but still works)?  We have been trying to find out where the M+ versions get their contact info to display but have not had any good responses from the Verizon Messaging Team.

notvmorrow

Ya, this is a new laptop, so it is not the version you cant get.  Although on my desktop, I have that old download one and it has incorrect numbers on it too.  They just are not updating.  I have an android, I save all my contacts as google contacts/numbers.  When I change them on my phone, they dont seem to ever update.  So I have to constantly refer to my phone when I need to message someone.  I use messaging constantly to dispatch my drivers and its time consuming.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@notvmorrow wrote:

I'm assuming it's a laptop running Win10.  If you have one of the old Message+ desktop versions, v1.0.17.0 or v2.0.2.0 then they are no longer supported.  If you have one of them working, it is a matter of time before the servers they are connecting to will notice and deny you service.  If you're running v3.0.1, then it is the new version released around 8/21 but removed from the Microsoft Store recently. It still will work but is no longer supported and all bets are off on any help getting the contacts to update properly or even identify where the app gets them.  I don't know anything about the MacBook desktop Message+ app.

Have you tried using the browser access, https://web.vma.verizon.com to see if it works for you?  I know my contacts don't show properly in the text messages there and I've pretty much given up trying to get them sync'ed since I can't find out where the website looks for them.