Text-to-Landline Notification when I am texting a mobile phone
aexcheng

Hi all,

Recently, I've been having trouble texting just one certain number (the person who I text in the highest volume). The texts are marked as sent in my conversation window, but the other person doesn't receive them and I receive this automatic message from the number 900-080-004222: "[person's number] is a landline #. Reply Y to send all TXT messages to this # as voice messages for $0.25/msg. + std msg fee. Details @ vtext.com, TexttoLandline". This is quite frustrating because I can receive texts from this person, indicating that the number definitely is a mobile phone. I have deleted all prior messages in our conversation and deleted and reentered the 10-digit contact into my phone, but no dice. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text-to-Landline Notification when I am texting a mobile phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried replying to one of the received text messages from this number?  Has the person recently ported their number to another carrier?  Changed phones? Have you moved or changed anything on your device? 

I'm not sure why it would suddenly not work if it has in the past, and you KNOW it''s a cell phone. Something changed somewhere - -

0 Likes
Trinigyal0214

did you get a resolution to this? I have the same issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trinigyal0214, making sure yall of your text messages make it to the correct destination is important. Allow us the opportunity to investigate this matter. When did this start? Are you able to successfully call this phone number? What is the Make/Model of your device? Also, which text message application are you using? -Sylvia

0 Likes
walter_dufresne

I tried these workarounds, and I have the same problem, still.  Further advice?

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes