Texting/Messaging Issues
Waakalicious
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my wife pointed this out to me the other day and I've noticed it as well.  We are both Verizon users and for some reason any message she sends to me will say it was sent but I won't actually receive it.  I can send her stuff and she'll get it but I cannot receive anything from her.  The last known time I got a message from her was Jan 27th.  I also believe I've been experiencing this issue with some of my outbound messages.  Several people I have messaged over the past week have yet to respond, yet I have been able to call them and talk to them on the phone.  The whole thing is extremely intermittent as some people it still works fine for when messaging back and forth.  We've both tried phone reboots and updates with no success.  Has anyone else been having this issue at all? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting/Messaging Issues
Ncarey1113
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went into settings -> applications -> application manager -> message+ -> uninstalled the update

This solved my problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ncarey1113
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue since updating the Message+ app. I am receiving his messages however he's not receiving mine. We also tried rebooting our phones and software updates.

0 Likes
Ncarey1113
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went into settings -> applications -> application manager -> message+ -> uninstalled the update

This solved my problem.

0 Likes
Cbjjlj

I had to do the same in order for my husband to receive my messages.

0 Likes
EqDoc

Same problem here. Unfortunately I had uninstalled the app and reinstalled before I read this post. Now I have no update to uninstall. My wife cannot receive my email because it says chat and not sms. I see no way to change from chat to sms.

0 Likes
HEWMOM

I assume the person not receiving the messages has to be the one uninstalling the app.  Right?

0 Likes
HEWMOM

This worked for me too.  Thank you for posting!

0 Likes
PySees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you both using message+ as your default texting app? My son doesn't use the message+ app but set it up previously. After the update, message+ messages I send say "chat"and he can only receive them if he logs in to the message+app. He had to delete his message+ account in order to receive my messages on his Samsung messaging app. Now messages I send to him say "SMS".

Fivefri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened on my husband's phone. Uninstalling updates for the app solved it...for now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The troubles with Message+ is a known issue. Our technicians are aware and are working diligently to rectify the situation. If you are still having these troubles, are you able to use the standard text application on your device?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes