Texting To Canada?
Thousand-K-City

Hi, I'm in the US, and I'm on a Family SharePlan with Talk & Text, so I have unlimited monthly texting.

My friend is on Telus Mobile in Ontario, Canada, and I was wondering - will I be charged for texts sent and recieved with him?

Or is it included in my plan?

Thanks~

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting To Canada?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Thousand-K-City wrote:

Hi, I'm in the US, and I'm on a Family SharePlan with Talk & Text, so I have unlimited monthly texting.

My friend is on Telus Mobile in Ontario, Canada, and I was wondering - will I be charged for texts sent and recieved with him?

Or is it included in my plan?

Thanks~

You will be charged for international messaging. When every texting or receiving messages from outside the U.S. it all goes towards international messaging.

0 Likes
Thousand-K-City

TheGreatOne, does it still apply even though Canada is listed under "domestic rates"?

0 Likes
charitee

I text  to Canada all the time and it is not considered an international text..  The messages count towards my text message allowance at the same rate as domestic texts.  My sister is also on Telus.

0 Likes
freedomsearcher
Enthusiast - Level 3
Canada has just recently been added as a domestic destination for txting only voice calls are still billed at a .49 rate per minute
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

freedomsearcher wrote:
Canada has just recently been added as a domestic destination for txting only voice calls are still billed at a .49 rate per minute

Thank you for the correction.I was never aware of the change until now.

0 Likes