flinders1

Is there any fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting suggestions on Galaxy S7 black on black background
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flinders1,

We're here to help with all of your phone service needs. What is it you are wishing to fix?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@flinders1

It’s important that your Verizon Messages application is working as expected. Please allow me to assist.

First, can you clarify what your concerns are with the texting suggestions in the Verizon Messages application?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
flinders1

Yes it is with the text suggestion box being black on black.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee
I appreciate the clarification flinders1. Has it always been like this or did it recently change?

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
flinders1

Since I have owened the phone.

Keith [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

flinders1 -

I understand wanting to customize this to your preference. It is designed to run with your phone's programming. There may be a way to adjust it but it would depend on your phone. May I ask what model device you are using?

If you check the display settings on the phone, is there an option to change from Dark to Light?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
flinders1

As you can read from the subject line phone is a galaxy s7. No settings in

the display sections have anything to do with your apps black background.

Lets keep trying. The original post had a picture of the problem.

Keith [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information flinders1. We would like to explain further regarding the details for your concern. The messages + app allows you to customize the background of your text message field along with the header. There is no customize option for the suggestion box. There may be some updates in the near future. Please always make sure your messages + app is always up to date to receive the latest and improved updates.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
arjb

This is a new bug. It did not work this way (black font on dark gray background) on my S6 until the recent Android Nougat update. It is extremely annoying because the "suggested words" in the popup menu are now virtually illegible. Please fix this! To add insult to injury, when the same pop up menu appears suggesting alternate words in other apps that use the keyboard, they are displayed as black font on a white background. Only Message+ is selecting the dark gray background.

0 Likes