Texting to Canada
Swerging

Hello, I own a Droid 2 and my plan is the Nationwide tlk&TXT  share 1400,  so I have unlimited texting and so forth. My friend lives in canada, and she has the Iphone 4s , and her service provider is Rogers, am I able to text her for free? or I should be looking for an app.. Also if I can text her, does this including picture/video messenging , also how would I go about finding out if it's costing me or not, without running up a bill.

I've looked around and some people say it's free others don't.. so if anyone could help me that'd be great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting to Canada
margarcia6

Oh my goodness I have the same question!

But I've searched so many sites & they either say it's free or that's it's not

so confusing. 

Someone help? Please?

0 Likes
Re: Texting to Canada
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Swerging and margarcia6,

I would be delighted to provide you with information regarding text messaging. If you send a text to a mobile number in Canada it is billed at $0.20 per message sent and $0.20 per message received, if you do not have a bundle package. If you have a bundle, it is deducted from the bundle and there is no international charge. If you are sending it to an iPhone as an iMessage it does not deduct from your text message allowance or charge you as a text message as iMessage uses data. 

For additional information regarding international rates, click the link below:

International Rates

Thank you, 

0 Likes