Texts Messages Not Sending
KristopherF

None of are verizon phones will send texts messages at all, is there a outage or something im in centeral california

Thank You 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts Messages Not Sending
PandaBurr

Hi, i just posted this in a simlar post and wrote this:

Hi, i live in Arizona, and this morning i spent twenty minutes on hold, to find out that apparently verizon is having problems with texting. but only in some areas. my are is affected but my mom who lives four hours away and is on my plan is having no problems. My aunt who lives in the same area as me is having no problems, But customer service told me only some people seem to be having the issue and its happening all over the country.They also told me they have no idea what's causing it, and no idea how long it will take to fix.

It seems to be affecting all over the country.

0 Likes
Hayley25
I live in Grand Blanc, MI and ever since i got out of work a t 1:30 todaty i havent recieved any texts and when i try sending one even to a non-verison number it says send failed would you like to retry and then ill keep retrying it and it will say message nt delivered: Service not avaliable. But my sister that lives ten mins away is sending texts fine. What is the problem???
0 Likes
PandaBurr
Is anybody receiving phone calls? I just learned that when people are trying to call me it tells them my phone has been disconnected, which ive confirmed is not the case. but i can call out just fine.
0 Likes
stpracer
Same problem in Western Pa.  No texts and no calling except out.  Good job by Verizon! 
0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

I can make and receive find in my location. A friend asked if maybe LTE was being pushed to some places causing the outage, but I don't think that is until the end of the year. And I believe thats for major cities first.

Are these small or large cities having network issues?

I recall that back in early 2007, areas in central Texas had an outage when a fibre optic cable was cut. That outage lasted 16 hours iirc.

0 Likes
PandaBurr
what is LTE?
0 Likes
millerse3
Same problems in VA no texts, phone calls in or out.  . I was told by the techs at the Verizon Store, it is happening across 5 states and they have NO idea when it will be fixed...
0 Likes
mamacitarose76
I live Pinal County in AZ and am having the same issues; no incoming/outgoing of texts and no incoming calls but can make outgoing just fine.  The last text I got was at 10:30 this morning.  I called Tech Support and they just told me that there is a nationwide outage affecting certain areas and have no idea what is causing it or how long it will take to fix...I didn't know I had any problems till a freind called my home phone and told me that my # said it was either changed,disconnected or no longer in service.  WTG Verizon!!!
0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Went to grab a few links to help explain. Its a bit off-topic, but normally outages can occur when a network switches arouned.

LTE is a new network format that most providers are switching over to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Term_Evolution

Trial cities (yet to be named) will launch I think 3Q/4Q of this year. By 2Q 2010, 20-30 markets will have switched to LTE.

Link from VZW: https://www22.verizon.com/opendev/index.aspx

Conference for Open Developers (over mah head there) that happened on May 13. Its possible that notes from that are somewhere on the web now.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Verizon-says-it-will-offer-Android-phone-by-year-end-20-to-30-market...

0 Likes