Texts are extremely late in being delivered
boconnel
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I both have Samsung Galaxy phones (S5 for me S7 for her). They are on the same account, in the same zip code (23210). We have been experiencing tremendous delays in receiving texts from each other. The latest example is as follows: I was picking up my wife at work and I wanted to let her know where I was parked. She acknowledged one of my texts at 17:05 and I immediately sent her two more. She just received the last two, eighteen hours later at 11:07 the next day.

This has happened multiple times. I go to the store, she texts me to pick something up, and I don't get the message until I am back home. I consider this service completely unreliable and I have resorted to sending a text and following up with a phone call when I think it is safe (not driving) or appropriate (not in a meeting ) to do so. This has been going on for months.

Do you have a solution?

Labels (1)
Re: Texts are extremely late in being delivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure our customers are getting the best service for their areas. I would be concerned if my phone was not working the way it should as well. With regard to the issues you've mentioned does this only occur with your wife or other people as well? Are you using the standard text messaging service or an application like Verizon messages? 

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boconnel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't say if it happens with other people as I do not text that heavily to anyone else. Unless I were to send an urgent text, I don't know when they actually receive them. We use the Message+ app that came with the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting messages delivered in a timely manner is a must, boconnel. We want to help you in any way we can. 

Since this issue has started have you or her reset your messaging apps? We ask because most likely the issue is caused by one of the phones. 

Also, when sending these text messages, did you or her notice any signal issues where the phones did not have a connection? This can cause a phone to not actually send a message, but finally later on when it picks up a good signal once again.

Please be aware that this is a Community Forum, so there is a delay when we see a response to a post. 

Here are links with steps on how to reset apps on your phones: 

Galaxy S5 https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97270/

Galaxy S7  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203565/

Steven_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boconnel
Enthusiast - Level 2

There do not appear to be any communication signal issues because we almost immediately get a "Sent" and "Delivered" message. Today it happened again. My wife texted me today twice. From 10:58 and 11:04. I didn't get them until I opened the app and then a few minutes later (17:49) I received them.

I'll try the reset procedure

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boconnel, we appreciate this information as it is crucial in making sure that we can determine what is causing this issue on your devices. Please provide us with your results as soon as you have completed the steps that were provided above as we will then make sure to take the next applicable course of action.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
thebrosh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue as boconnel and I followed your previously described steps to reset the Message+ app. After resetting the app I restarted the Message+ app and all my interface customizations are lost and I'm still having severely delayed texts being received by recipients.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of having all text work in a timely manner for you, thebrosh. We are here for you.

Since this issue started, have you tried using the native Messaging app that came with your phone instead of Message+? We ask this because it would help determine if this is a text messaging issue with your line or an issue with the Message+ app.

Steven_VZW

0 Likes
HELSIL1969
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my daughter & I have been having the same issue as thebosh & boconnel.  We both have galaxy s7's.  My daughter noticed it 1st as she started with a baby sitting group.  I've noticed it off & on but more so with my daughter when I need to coordinate pick up, etc when she's babysitting.  Signal has not been an issue when we have noticed a huge delay in response between one another.  We have even noticed it while in our home.  I've sent a text from my office at lunchtime but she didn't get it until after dinner.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HELSIL1969, having messages you can rely on is essential. I'm here to help improve the service you and your daughter are getting on your Galaxy S7 devices. Please tell me, what city are you having trouble in? I'll also need the intersection nearest to the trouble location. When did you notice there was a delay in your messages?

VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes