Texts are not being received and calls go straight to voice mail with no audio in recorded voice mail.
Rosco387

Hi me and my friend have been texting each other for a bit now and as of a few days ago she no longer receives my texts. They text messages say sent but she gets nothing. She can sill send me texts and I get them. I can't call her either. When I do it goes straight to voice mail. I record a voice mail and when she gets it there is no audio. I don;t know what to do here. This is our only means of communication. She is freaking out because she thinks I am ignoring her. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts are not being received and calls go straight to voice mail with no audio in recorded voice mail.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually it sounds like she has accidentally blocked your phone number on her phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Texts are not being received and calls go straight to voice mail with no audio in recorded voice mail.
Rosco387

I was thinking that too but would she not be able to send me texts if she did?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. Blocking the phone number are the phone itself doesn't affect their ability to call you or text you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be listed as "send to voicemail" on their phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rosco387,

We certainly want you guys to be able to call & text each other. I have to agree with Ann154, it sounds like something on her end is blocking your number from coming through, especially since it is both calls & texts that are being affected. Is she with Verizon? If so, have her reach out to our support teams either on social media (Facebook or Twitter) or online chat vzw.com so we can troubleshoot with her. If she is not a Verizon customer, she will need to reach out to her local carrier for further assistance.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes