Texts not going through to other networks
Redsoxgirl

I am able to receive texts from everyone, but my replies are not going through (we are talking about ALL other carriers).  I called verizon customer service, only to be told it couldn't possibly be an issue with them, and that it was every other carrier who was having the problem.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I have reprogrammed the phone, shut it off and on, and everything else I could think of.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts not going through to other networks
kremlin888

same problem, worthless support

0 Likes
ZENBADGER

We are having a very similar problem. Both my husband and I have the Samsung Fascinate and are on a shared minutes plan with unlimited data and texts. He can only recieve texts but not send any. He and his boss text all day and this has been very inconvient as he had been texting away for hours to his boss and not getting any reply, only to find out they were never going anywhere. I can send him texts but I have no idea if I can recieve any or not because he is normally the person who texts me. The last text I got was this morning around 9:45am CST from my mom who is on vacation. Had him try the battery removal reboot trick and that did not work. Does anyone have any idea how we can fix this?

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Redsoxgirl,

Thank you for posting to the forums. 

I can understand the need of text messages being sent as they should. Has this issue just started? Has it been resolved? Are you trying to send a mass message or is it to just an individual person? Try a soft reset by removing the battery and placing it back in. Which device do you have? If it is a 3G or basic device, dial *228 + Send and choose option 2. Additionally, where are you located? What is the zip code? If the issue persists, send me a PM with your mobile number and I will assist you further. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
Not applicable

ZenBadger, thank you for your inquiry. I understand it can be frustrating to not know whether your text messages are going thru or not. Your issue seems to be different from the original post. Is your husband just having problems receiving text from his boss, or all of his text messages sporadic? First, please make sure he has the current software, which is ED05. Go to Settings, About phone, Software updates, Check for new updates. If the software is current and this is still happening, try first clearing cache/data from the Messages. This will not erase any messages.

The last step if still occurring would be to complete a factory reset. This will erase all data from the phone and reset it to factory default settings. He will need to verify his contacts are saved in either Google or Backup Assistant. Music, pictures, videos, etc that are on the memory card will not be erased. 

0 Likes
erica4705

I had this problem to around the same time as this was first posted.  Took the battery out and checked for new updates, but while the phone was "checking" for updates, it just stopped and went back to the idle screen.  As of today, I am just recently not able to send or receive picture messages and I am still getting the failure notices & delayed messages.

0 Likes
RomeoYankee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Texts to non-VZW carriers have different rules. Other carriers may not support intercarrier texts that include certain symbols or foreign characters in the body of the message or in your signature. Try this: turn off your signature and then send the word Test to see if this simple message gets delivered.

0 Likes
moonluvie

Good Afternoon,

I am having a very similar issue, but my text messages are to both Verizon and non-Verizon customers.  I called Technical support on the day of the upgrade and nothing helped.  I was told the issue with my phone is that all numbers I am texting to must have the total of the 10 digit telephone number but the issue is still happening.  I'm having to send and re-send and re-send text messages in order for them to be sent through.  My husband is having the issue where he replies to texts but nobody is getting them.  This is very frustrating and we need help immediately with this! Please help!

C

0 Likes
deeb1225

I have a similar problen texting that started about 2 months ago. I have the Pantech Crux and my daughter has the same phone.  I can text  with her phone with no problem but not mine. Tech support went thru the *228, didnt work, took off signature, didnt work.  Said it was the other carrier but it is not.  Now what do I do? Buy a new phone just so I can send texts to this one important person?  I'd rather not. Its the principle that makes me angry. 

0 Likes
RomeoYankee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you send/receive texts with anyone else on the other carrier's network?

If yes, then that particular number has some sort of specific block on your number and they should contact their carrier's Tech Support for assistance in identifying and removing the block.

If no, then there is some sort of network-wide block on your number at the other carrier. You should contact our Customer Care to open a ticket for not being able to text with anyone at the other carrier.

0 Likes