Texts not working between two phones
lapper13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My father and I cannot receive texts from each other.  He's got a Samsung Galaxy Avant on T-Mobile and I've got an Iphone 6 Plus on Verizon Wireless.  Neither of us receive any errors.  Nothing is blocked on my account or on my phone.  I'd like to verify with support if the messages are traversing Verizon's network.  I'm trying to determine if we have a carrier, software or hardware issue. The issue was intermittent in the past but has been constant for months.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts not working between two phones
Snn5
Legend

How do you have your texting set up in iMessage?  Is the icon green or blue? Are your messages being sent via data/wifi or by regular text?

0 Likes
lapper13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have iMessage enabled on my iphone.  Texts go out to my dad's Samsung phone as green.  I believe this is because his Android phone does not support iMessage (an apple propriety service). I have "send as SMS" enabled, which sends as SMS when imessage is unavailable. 

0 Likes
lapper13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chat transcript removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh, goodness.  Ill-communicado big time.  Unless someone else chimes in you might be best served giving Verizon a call from another phone this evening.  I wonder though, is your SIM the correct SIM and properly seated?  Can either of you receive and send from or to other people?  Making sure it isn't just one phone or the other.

0 Likes
lapper13
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue magically cleared up after I chatted online with cust service, was told there was nothing wrong on Verizon's end, then posted here.  Someone fixed something, but nothing was communicated to me.  Would love to know what was fixed in case it happens again, as well as to quell my curiosity.  I'm paid to fix technical problems and actually get excited about solutions.  The log of my previous chat was deleted above by the site admin for "violating terms of service." Would be nice if the admins (or anyone at verizon) could exert the required effort to find out what the fix was and communicate it to me, but editing support blogs seems like the priority.  Like most large companies, verizon seems to have its priorities out of whack.  Maybe fix your useless chat support, rather than delete the post which illustrates its ineptitude.  Customer service is dead 😞 On a brighter note, dad and I can now text eachother again.  Huzzah!