The latest update caused in-network users to stop receiving my texts
ROBOCH28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to disable the app for now. Verizon, why are you silent about all of the issues?

Labels (1)
Re: The latest update caused in-network users to stop receiving my texts
DOJOTIFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the issue might be what messaging app they are using. I was not receiving any from my boyfriend this morning and he was using Message+ while I was on regular Messages. As soon as I switched my default to Message+ they call came through. I know its not a solution, but that might explain the situation. Its a big problem for me too and I am hoping they fix it quickly.

0 Likes
winemanlori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right, I love how Verizon has nothing to say back to any of this. I spent an hour and a half on the phone today with Verizon and no one could help me. Very upsetting to say the least.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBOCH28 - Installing the latest software update on your device makes your device and applications better. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience the software update has caused you. I rely on my text messages to stay in touch with my friends and family. I am confident that we can resolve the text messaging issue you're having. What specific text messaging application are your using? Message+ or the native text message application? What happened when you sent a text message?

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBSOS16

we are having the same issue, we both use message+, but if we aren't using wifi or data it just sits in the "sending" mode.  goes through once we enable wifi or data.  never used to be this way.  very frustrating.

0 Likes
missygirl921

I have to keep switching back and forth to get my messages. I have used the regular messenger for over a year now and all of a sudden people aren't getting my messages or I'm not getting theirs. Now I have to use both apps. I have to switch back and forth. This has been since the update a few days ago.

0 Likes
missygirl921

I know what your saying. No one can seem to answer the questions. Its frustrating. Then when I did have to start using the Verizon messenger+ I had thousands of messages download that were previously deleted from the regular message app I have used for over a year. Now I have to use both.

0 Likes
Oaruiz

Have had problems when sending or getting text messages from 2 people , in other words a three way conversation. If I send a text to person 1& 2 only person 1 gets the text. If person 1 replies to my text person 2 may or may not get it. Similar things happen when person 2 replies .

0 Likes
DOJOTIFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update 6.4.4 worked for me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That’s eerie, Oaruiz. I’m not wanting to overlook a step on solving this. Were you able to get the Verizon Messages update? How is your group messaging working now?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes