The messaging app online shows unread messages I cannot see
Ambamms26
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon messaging app online shows I have 15 unread messages that I cannot read or see. I cannot clear them and the number keeps going up, despite having no unread messages online or on my phone.

Labels (1)
Re: The messaging app online shows unread messages I cannot see
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, Ambamms26. I know how much of a nuisance it can be to have unwanted alerts/notifications. When viewing that message notification, does it specify what message/contacts the unread ones are in? 

Leonard_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gecko21D
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue except my phone the dura force pro, and using message+ app it says that I have 22 unread messages and I have no unread messages on my phone at all. Is there a way to get the unread message notification to go away?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Gecko21D
We don't want this to be ongoing issue. What steps did you take to delete the unwanted text messages on your device? Have you downloaded any other text messaging application to your device? If so, did you delete the text messages in that application, as well? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
bmc773
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue with the online V. Messages. In terms of step to solve it, I select all messages then seleck mark as read. But it does not remove these (in my case there are 14). 

It appears it has found 14 old unread messages that are so old they do not load when I scroll down the list of messages, thus I cannot select them to mark as read. Any suggestions?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bmc773, we are disheartened to learn that you are having this ongoing issue as well. We want to ensure that we can come to a solution to remove the unwanted notifications. Is the issue with the Messages Plus application on your device, on our website or both? What is the make and model of your device? How long has the issue been going on for?

KevinM_VZW

BeagleDad3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Following because I have the same issue.  It's showing on my laptop so I assume it's the online version.  I'm using message+ on my Samsung Galazy S9+ and my Lenovo laptop.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, BeagleDad3. It's important to view your messages, so I understand your concern when you can't access them online. I'm here to help. Are you able to view the messages on your phone? What happens if you try to delete them? Please check your private messages so I can gather more information.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
bcnichalson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same Issue. Following for a resolution. 

0 Likes
Walkie-Talkie

OK, people...  I don't claim to have a solution to this problem, but I think that I am onto something regarding the cause of this issue.  I, too, have noticed that when I access the Messaging+ section of the Verizon wireless website (using the browser on my Asus laptop), it claims to have a few "unread" messages, but I cannot see them in the listing of messages that appear.  When I access all of my SMS messages on my phone, all of the messages in my inbox have been read!  When comparing the messages on my phone with the messages I see on the internet web browser, I have noticed that special messages which come directly from Verizon Support (such as:  a message acknowledging a recent payment of my wireless bill, or a message announcing that a bill payment is due in a few days, or a message announcing that my Verizon Wireless messages have been accessed by a previously unregistered device or web browser...) -- these customer support messages show up on my phone, where I can read them, *BUT* they NEVER show up on the Verizon web version of the messaging area!!  That is to say, I can read them and/or delete them on my cell phone, but I never have the opportunity to see them or read them on the web! HOWEVER, in spite of the fact that they fail to appear within the listing of messages on the web page, these same customer support messages are NEVERTHELESS "counted" when it comes to that web page showing a total tally of the number of "unread" messages.  I cannot delete them from the web page, because I cannot see them! They are "invisible", as it were.  I darkly suspect that what is actually going on here is that the Messaging+ system is "filtering" OUT Verizon system messages and NOT permitting them to appear in the listing on the web page.  But, they are permitted to show up on my cell phone itself.  Oh...  and, by the way, they ALSO nicely show up on my Verizon messaging app that is installed on another device -- my iPad!!!  Does this shed some light upon this weirdness???

0 Likes