UNUSUAL PROBLEM - Postpaid Customer SMS "message not delivered"
mrpnyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely Stumped:  I have left VZW and since porting away I can no longer receive SMS messages from VZW POSTPAID customers.  Those users get a “message not delivered” error.  It affects senders with different handsets in different regions.  The only commonality is they are on Verizon Postpaid. I receive texts just fine from VZW Prepaid.

Thinking the problem was my new carrier (a T-Mobile MVNO), I switched again to T-Mobile itself.  SAME PROBLEM!  I’ve been through tech support with both carriers and exhausted all troubleshooting; the conclusion is the problem is not with them since I get texts from all non-VZW Postpaid senders.  Somehow my phone number has stopped receiving only VZW Postpaid SMS.

Any ideas?  I don’t want to change the mobile number I’ve had for 25 years, but I’m getting desperate.

P. S.  The obvious suggestion of switching back to VZW isn’t possible because of a physical limitation requiring my current handset, which is not VZW certified.

0 Likes
Re: UNUSUAL PROBLEM - Postpaid Customer SMS "message not delivered"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrpynyc, we are here for you to help in any way we can. So we can begin, please send us a Private Note! *Jose

0 Likes
Re: UNUSUAL PROBLEM - Postpaid Customer SMS "message not delivered"
mrpnyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jose I have PM'd you.

0 Likes