Unable to choose eGift from Message+
HummelSteve

I have a Moto X 2nd Gen.  with Message+: 5.6.3

In a message, I click on the Plus icon to send an eGift.

The only options I have are Gallery, Glympse, Location, Postcards, Collage, Media Search, Contact Card and Audio.  eGift does not show up.

What might the issue be?  It is a Company phone.  Is that something that can be disabled at the account administrator level?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to choose eGift from Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HummelSteve!

eGift from Message+ is a nice function. Have you tried deleting the app and redownloading it? Do you have the latest version? Check updating your apps.

LauraD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello HummelSteve,

If you had eGift prior and do not have it now since the update, you might have been bumped off 'Integrated Messaging'. Please check the setting.

HOW TO Check if you are subscribed to INTEGRATED MESSAGING:

In order to do that – Launch Verizon Messages - go to Settings – under integrated Messaging feature make sure that you are Subscribed.  If you ARE Subscribed , you will see the Unsubscribe option.  if you ARE NOT Subscribed, go ahead and subscribe.

Once subscribed, check your ATTACH FOLDER for the eGift icon.

0 Likes
HummelSteve

I see the Unsubscribe message.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And did you have the eGift icon before the 5.6.3 update?

0 Likes
HummelSteve

No. I just recently upgraded my phone and started using Verizon messages. I did uninstall all updates to messages+. I did see reference to it not being available on Corporate accounts. Is that the issue?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi again,

Business/Corporate and other types of accounts are ineligible.  If your device is a business account, then yes, that is the reason. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
HummelSteve

Thanks for your quick follow-ups. I appreciate it. And thank you.

0 Likes
md61

I have eGift as an option but when I open there is not an option to buy an egift card, just whether I have send or received one or what the balance is. How to I buy and send an ecard, I am subscribed and this is not a corporate account

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI md61

Here are some suggestions:

1- Unsubscribe from Integrated Messaging and exit the app for a few minutes; then re subscribe to Integrated Messages ( do NOT reboot)

2- If this does not work and you  do not need to save messages older than 90 days: Unsubscribe from Integrated Messages; Reboot; Resubscribe to Integrated Messages

3- If neither works, The current version is 6.0.2 (main menu>about). If you are not running this version; please go to Play Store to update your app. 

eGIFTING - NOW from 30+ stores

Thanks,

ALIE

0 Likes