Unable to insert pictures in text message
YellowBilledMagpie
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to insert a gif or picture using the keyboard in Messages, I get the error "This text field does not support image insertion from the keyboard". How can I insert images directly using the keyboard?? I have a Google Pixel.

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to insert pictures in text message
YellowBilledMagpie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I attached a picture of what I'm talking about!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have an awesome phone and we want it to work with no issues for you YellowBilledMagpie. Are you able to use pictures from your camera roll with text messages? Are you using a 3rd party text messaging application or keyboard application? If so, it may not be compatible with your software. Make sure your software is up to date http://vz.to/2eO4jxb .

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
APHILBECK86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem but my phone is a Droid play Z. Any suggestions?? I am using the Verizon message+ app. It allows me to insert pictures from my camera roll just not gif.

YellowBilledMagpie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can use pictures from my camera roll, but no gifs or regular pictures. I don't have any third party keyboards installed because I'm not sophisticated enough for that. My screenshot shows Bitmoji, but it doesn't work for gifs either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YellowBilledMagpie - I really enjoy using the Bitmoji application. I was having the same issue you're having. I am confident that this information will resolve the issue you're having. In order to be able to send your pictures you will have to grant Bitmoji access to your Camera. Please go to Settings>Apps & Notifications>App info. Scroll down and tap on the Bitmoji. Then tap on app permission and make sure allow Camera access permission is on (Blue). If the app permission is not there, try these steps. Settings>Apps & Notifications>App permissions. Tap on Bitmoji and make sure Camera access it turned on (Blue) 

JacobV_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YellowBilledMagpie
Enthusiast - Level 2

No luck Smiley Sad i downloaded another messaging app for now!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YelloBilledMagpie, we don't want you to give up on us fixing this issue. Now that you have installed a different application, does it work? Are you experiencing any issues with the other functions of your device, i.e. calls and data usage? How much available memory do you have on your device? To check, click the link provided. http://spr.ly/65898N5oS

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes
AFWHEATHER

I'm having the same issue. I completed all the steps you instructed but the problem persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AFWHEATHER, I want to make sure that your situation is properly observed. Have you attempted a second messaging application to see if images can be posted this way?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes