Unable to install Message on Windows 10
NBedworth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am attempting to reinstall Message+ on a clean Windows 10 machine, reformatted disk, which previously was running Message+ without incident. I have Message+ installed on my Android Verizon phone, where it works normally, and also on another Windows 10 machine.

When I try to launch Message+ from the Windows App store, there is a "server busy try again later" error message. But this has been going on for several days.

Any ideas on how to make it work? At one time, it generated a PIN but when entered, it still went to the server busy pop-up. I am presently in Nepal, and have tried to install Message+ with and without a VPN running.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to install Message on Windows 10
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is your Android device connected to the cellular network to receive the confirmation PIN?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NBedworth

We want that application to work for you. Did you power your Windows 10 machine off/on to reset it? Have you checked the memory capacity on your Windows device to ensure that you have enough memory space to download a new application to it? 

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to install Message  on Windows 10
NBedworth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please escalate this problem.

We are software developers, and use  Windows 10 machines with enormous RAM, etc. As mentioned in the post, the Messages+ used to run on this machine, but cannot be reinstalled after a disk format and reloading of the OS.

The entire installation process has been riddled with bugs, such as PINs that don't work, etc. The error message clearly states that the problem is with the Verizon servers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance on getting this back up and running, NBedworth. I know you said you had another windows 10 machine. Is that with you while in Nepal? If so, can you try to uninstall and reinstall the messaging + on that computer to see if you get the same response? 

Joey_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ever considered the fact that you are in Nepal might be why it is having trouble connecting to the Verizon server?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NBedworth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please escalate this request to a technical person, which I have asked for repeatedly, rather than making well-intended but useless and irrelevant guesses. The refusal to escalate to competent technical support is wasting my time. The interaction with you so far has been a failure. This is not helpful, and your job is customer support. I’m not getting it.

As previously mentioned, the Message+ application is running on other computers on the same network. Message+ is running on another laptop, adjacent to the one that is having problems.

Previously it ran on both laptops, here in Nepal, and everywhere else I travel. Being in Nepal is definitely not a factor. And it ran perfectly well on the computer in question until it was necessary to reload the Windows 10 operating system.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

This is primarily a peer-to-peer public community forum of Verizon customers, not a venue for Customer Service Technical Support.  There are phone numbers to call on your Verizon bill or the VerizonWireless web site for Customer Service and Technical Support.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Messages+ was setup and configured previously while in the USA, then yes it could make a HUGE difference in while setting it up in a foreign country.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NBedworth, I can certainly understand your concerns about getting Message+ to work while in Nepal. Help is here. Based on the information that you've shared, it seems that setting up Message+ while in Nepal, even with a VPN, is affecting the setup process. You had mentioned that you have several other machines successfully running Message+, as Ann154 mentioned, were those machines configured while in Nepal or USA? Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW

0 Likes