Unable to receive SMS text messages from any other device except another cell phone
stevektex

I have an HTC Thunderbolt 4G, but I also had the same problem on my HTC Incredible.  I am running the standard messaging that came with the phone. I can receive MMS messages from computers the use  mynumber@vzwpix.com but can not receive messages from mynumber@vtext.com.  I have an alarm serivce that sends me a text when the statues of my alarm changes and I am not receiving them. I have contacted Verizon, they have confirmed that the texts are getting to Verizon, just not to my phone. They made sure text blocking was not active on my phone, and even blocked and then unblocked texts, had me pull the battery out of my phone, and then restart the phone, NOTHING helps. This is very aggrevating since it is very important to me that I receive notifications from the alarm company. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive SMS text messages from any other device except another cell phone
budone
Legend

Make sure the alarm company is not adding the leading 1 before the area code

Also just have them use the vzwpix.com address instead

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive SMS text messages from any other device except another cell phone
stevektex

Thank for your reply. I know the 1 is not there because I am the one that fills in the information on the alarm company's website.  I am getting MMS messages from them now that I added the MMS address. I also put in the SMS address and I still am not getting messages. I also don't get any messages sent from a computer sent to the mynumber@vtext.com address. I just find it really annoying that one of the newest phones they have has this problem and they can't fix it.

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello stevektex,

I understand the frustration that the messaging has caused.  I was able to duplicate the issue on my own vtext.com account.  I have forward the information to the appropriate teams to address messages not being received when sent to "mynumber@vtext.com." I have discovered a work around in the meantime.  Log into your account at Vtext.com, choose preferences and then nickname.  Click Edit Nickname and create one of your own.  Update the alarm companies database with "nickname@vtext.com." I have tested this and seems to work as normal.  I will update this thread as I receive updates on correcting the issue with the phone number.  Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

0 Likes
dottore

I am seeing this problem, too. and the vzwpic work around works. only its 4 years later!!!  any updates

0 Likes