Unable to receive SafePass text msgs from Bank Of America
BuzzGordon
Enthusiast - Level 2
Bank of America SafePass codes are never received on my verizon wireless cell phone. Has anyone heard of this? Or more importantly, does anyone know what I can do to enable these SafePass messages from Bank of America.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive SafePass text msgs from Bank Of America
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Did you set up the mobile device information on your account? You should not have any issues receive them as the process does work.

~Are there any blocks on your account that you know of?

Message Edited by NekoSaru on 06-23-2009 03:34 PM
0 Likes
BuzzGordon
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes indeed, all the information is correct. In fact, it worked, at least once, with my new Verizon phone then stopped. So yes, I think its blocked somehow but I don't know how. Here's a short synopsis of what I did.

1Switched over to Verizon.
2 Got at least one SafePass from BOFA on my new Verizon cell phone
3 Put internet blocks in place on Verizon web site
4 Noticed I can NOT receive SafePass msgs from BOFA
5 Removed all internet blocks from Verizon web site. . .

But still can not receive the SafePass codes on my cell??

After one removes Verizon blocks is there a delay before the blocks are actually removed? I started removing them one at a time over the weekend to no avil. Today I unchecked all of the blocks and still no help??
Message Edited by BuzzGordon on 06-23-2009 01:31 PM
Message Edited by BuzzGordon on 06-23-2009 01:32 PM
0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

When you remove blocks they normally do not take effect until you do the *228 option 1 to reprogram.

When you add or remove services of some sort they normally have you power cycle your phone before it takes effect.

Try that. Also, was one of the blocks for premium SMS or texting? 

0 Likes
BuzzGordon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the (*228 option 1) process. I did that and it told me the it was programed successfully.  Powered the phone off and back on.  Went to BOFA's site and generated a SafePass code. Still not getting them. . .

And yes, I blocked the SMS premium texting but have removed that block a few days ago too.  In fact, I unblocked everything. . .

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Might want to call cust srv to make sure there is no hidden block. I just tried and this is what I received from Safe Pass:

Your Bank of America SafePass registration code is"######". Standard charges apply. For support, reply by texting HELP. To opt-out, text STOP.

June 23, 6:02pm 

Sounds like an additional block is preventing it, or a block that was recently removed is stuck in the system. 

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes