Unable to text one specific number ever since they tried to switch from AT&T to Verizon
joefkelley

In December, my mom attempted to switch her phone line from AT&T to Verizon, and join my account. However, she tells me something went wrong in the store, and they were unable to switch her over. She remained on AT&T. After that point, I have been unable to send her texts. I can receive texts from her, we can call each other just fine, I can text other people, she can receive texts from other people. Originally, the text would show as "sent" on my phone, but she would not receive it. Then several days later I would get a message back saying "delivery period elapsed, message to (number) deleted".

I chatted with Verizon support a few times. We went through the basic steps - restarting phones, removing and reinserting sim cards, resetting settings, etc. The Verizon rep ran a "provisioning check" on my line, I think. It got escalated. It got escalated again, and a ticket was filed (), and they said they would get back to me. A few days later, they called me back, and informed me I should delete my message history with her and delete the contact, and the issue should be fixed.

This didn't fix the issue, but it did change it slightly. Now when I try to text her, after a few seconds I see "Not sent. Tap to try again."

It could very well be the issue is now on her provider's side. That's what support has let me know, and I've asked her to contact her support. But I wanted to exhaust the options on my end, so I'm posting here as one last attempt to see if anyone has other ideas about what might be going on.

I have a Pixel 4 and I'm using the default android messages app. She has an iPhone XS Max.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to text one specific number ever since they tried to switch from AT&T to Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking in with us on this, Joe. During this time did either of you begin using new devices? If so, what were the prior models? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Unable to text one specific number ever since they tried to switch from AT&T to Verizon
joefkelley

No, we are still using the same devices.

0 Likes
joefkelley

Another bit of info: I just spoke to her, and she informed me that she discovered other people with Verizon are having trouble texting her as well, not just me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long have you been having this issue? Also, what's the make/model of your device? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Auntieweezie1

I have the same problem.  Two who switched from AT&T to Verizon. They have iPhones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Auntieweezie1,

We can relate to the need to message. Help is here. Which application are you using to message? When was the last time you were able to message? Is this all messages or just particular contacts?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes