Unable to text to Europe, Poland
AniaBania

I'm a new Verizon customer.  And I already regret my move from AT&T.

I used to routinely text with various people in Poland.  Two persons in particular have T-Mobile.  I am unable to receive their texts nor they mine. When I was with AT&T I had no trouble messaging with these persons.  Also, my friend in US, who has T-Mobile, *is* able to text these persons without any issues.

It didn't even occur to me that messaging could be an issue when I decided to switch to Verizon...  This is a total deal breaker for me.

Any ideas/help, please?

Ania.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to text to Europe, Poland
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to our wireless family AniaBania! We want you to have the best wireless experience! Let's make sure that your messages to Europe work as intended. Let's get to the bottom of this messaging issue! What is your phone model? What messaging application do you use? Is the International Dialing feature added to your calling plan?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
AniaBania

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for contacting me!

I signed up with Verizon a month ago.  Yet, today, I spent 3 hours with Verizon's support.  And was just looking at AT&T plans, as I was thinking of going back to AT&T.

I have an iphone6. 

The persons I'm trying to text are in Poland, both have T-Mobile (related to ERA).  For years, while with AT&T, I was texting with them without a slightest problem.  My niece who is on TMobile in US texts with them.  Another person with Sprint in US also has no problems.

I was told today, in response to the support ticket I opened, that: TMobile bought out ERA (I presume a Polish telecom company) and I cannot text with those persons!!!  International dialing was added to my account today to see if that would resolve the issue.  It did not.

When I came to Verizon store in December I was told that texts to Poland will be free. Great.  It never occurred to me that in 2015 I would have to dig any deeper than that.

One of the persons I text with is my Dad, who is 81, and who has a flip phone.  Not being able to text with him is a deal breaker for me.  Because he has a flip phone, I do not use any special applications just SMS messaging.

Just one final note.  When I first activated my iphone6, around January 1st, that one day, and one day only, I was able to text with one of those persons.... but never again after that.

I do hope you can find a solution to this problem.  I'd like to stay with Verizon.

Looking forward to your reply.

<< Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AniaBania!

We don't want to lose you over this! I'd be happy to help you with the international messaging issue. I've sent you a Direct Message in the forums. Please respond and we'll get to work on this. I know it's important to keep in touch with family, especially when they are overseas.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AniaBania

Hello Christina,

I'm here.  I would love for you to be able to resolve this issue.... but I must admit that I'm skeptical.  Verizon support was pretty adamant that texts from Verizon to a TMobile/ERA phone in Poland will not work.

Let me know how we can work on this?

Ania.

p.s. in my previous reply to the email, both my name and email appear.  There does not seem to be a way for me to edit my post (I didn't realize that replying to the email was posting it to the forums).  Is there a way for you to edit that reply to remove my name/email?

a.

0 Likes
agamont

Hi AniaBania,

I have same problem, did Verizon resolved it?

Regards

0 Likes
agamont

Hi, did you resolved the problem that AniaBania have? I have same problem and need solution?

Thanks,

Aga

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

agamont,

I definitely understand needing to make sure you can keep in touch with people. That's incredibly important. What happens when you try to message them? Do you get any errors or anything like that?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI agamont , AniaBania ,

I want to ask, are you able to text these contacts using the Native messaging app on your phone (it usually looks like an Envelope labeled 'Messaging' below it?  Please let us know.

THANKS,

ALIEM

0 Likes
AniaBania

No I have not tried that.  We have since left Verizon, because of this issue (one of the persons I needed to text with is elderly, with a flip phone, so inability to text with that person was a total deal breaker for me).  FYI, tMobile is one of the largest carriers in Europe, so lack of support for those customers in Poland is very surprising....

Ania.

0 Likes