Unexpected Error
Wodd

I installed Verizon Message+ on a Windows 10 device and, upon attempting to sign in, I am presented the following error:

ERROR!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have an incompatible version of Message+ on your primary device. Please upgrade your primary device with the latest version of Message+, then try again.

I clicked Send upgrade link to primary phone. A link was sent to my phone. Upon visiting it, the Google Play store opened to Verizon Message+. However, my options were to either uninstall the application or open it. Update was not present. I also looked at the Manage Apps & Games section to check for an update to Message+. Although the phone had some updates to install, Message+ was not among them. This suggests that the version that I have is the latest version. How do I resolve the issue and use Message+ on my Windows devices? I was excited to see it available in Microsoft’s store again and to get it installed on my computer. But, being presented the above error was disappointing. I tried signing into Message+ on Windows twice and was presented the error both times. I wanted to post this in the Verizon Messenger+ for Windows 10 discussion; but, I did not find a way to reply to that. Perhaps it is locked. Prior to starting this discussion, I briefly saw a lock on a different discussion.

0 Likes
Re: Unexpected Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wodd, I appreciate those details. Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it?-Dia

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Wodd wrote:

I installed Verizon Message+ on a Windows 10 device and, upon attempting to sign in, I am presented the following error:

ERROR!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You have an incompatible version of Message+ on your primary device. Please upgrade your primary device with the latest version of Message+, then try again.

I clicked Send upgrade link to primary phone. A link was sent to my phone. Upon visiting it, the Google Play store opened to Verizon Message+. However, my options were to either uninstall the application or open it. Update was not present. I also looked at the Manage Apps & Games section to check for an update to Message+. Although the phone had some updates to install, Message+ was not among them. This suggests that the version that I have is the latest version. How do I resolve the issue and use Message+ on my Windows devices? I was excited to see it available in Microsoft’s store again and to get it installed on my computer. But, being presented the above error was disappointing. I tried signing into Message+ on Windows twice and was presented the error both times. I wanted to post this in the Verizon Messenger+ for Windows 10 discussion; but, I did not find a way to reply to that. Perhaps it is locked. Prior to starting this discussion, I briefly saw a lock on a different discussion.

Finding this in the Microsoft Store is good news.  How did you find it or were notified it was there?  We have been waiting for a new Win10 version of Message+.  I get the same message going thru the install process, even though I have the latest version of Message+ on my moto Z4 phone, v8.0.6, updated 8/18/2021.  The new Win10 version was updated in the Microsoft Store on 8/20/2021 but doesn't state a version number.  I've sent an email to Verizon Messaging Support at verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com.  You should too so they see there are problems.

Too bad you didn't title this something like 'Windows 10 New Message+ app Unexpected Error' so everyone waiting would see it stand out.  Maybe an agent @vzw_customer_support could change it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
rmknightstar

I have the same error. I only upgraded to the latest version of Messenger on my windows laptop because I was told that it needed to be done before October 1.  Now I get a message to upgrade on my primary device, but I have the latest version.

So now my Message+ on my laptop will not work.  Something is very wrong.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@rmknightstar wrote:

I have the same error. I only upgraded to the latest version of Messenger on my windows laptop because I was told that it needed to be done before October 1.  Now I get a message to upgrade on my primary device, but I have the latest version.

So now my Message+ on my laptop will not work.  Something is very wrong.

I had the same error message (primary device M+ out-of-date) when it wasn't. I uninstalled M+ on my phone, actually it just backed off all updates to a factory version. Nothing was lost on my phone. I was then able to install the Win10 app successfully and then upgrade M+ on my phone to the latest/same version it was on. The Win10 app has a gap in the messages, missing those between 8/12-9/1 or so. New messages show up fine, but there is no sync option in the Win10 app 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important this is for you. To clarify, did you start experiencing problems after updating the app or computer update?  -Evelyn

0 Likes