Unlimited text messaging
Ericuse165
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have  unlimited text messaging and I would like to know if I would be charged exta to use Mobile IM?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited text messaging
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Ericuse165,

Lewisr13 is correct. Mobile IM's count as part of your messaging bundle. Since you have unlimited messaging, you are not billed for Mobile IM's. 

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

As I understand it, No.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Ericuse165,

Lewisr13 is correct. Mobile IM's count as part of your messaging bundle. Since you have unlimited messaging, you are not billed for Mobile IM's. 

Thank you,

0 Likes
shancopeland

I have the 5000 text messaging plan on my line with unlimited M to M, but the catch is, I think  it's only unlimited M to M with other Verizon users.  I text most often with someone that has Sprint, so can my unlimited M to M be spilled over?  Or, what is the best alternative text plan???

Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

shancopeland wrote:

I have the 5000 text messaging plan on my line with unlimited M to M, but the catch is, I think  it's only unlimited M to M with other Verizon users.  I text most often with someone that has Sprint, so can my unlimited M to M be spilled over?  Or, what is the best alternative text plan???

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Your best alternative (in my opinion) is to upgrade your texting plan to the unlimited plan for $30/month.  If you are sending/receiving that many messages (over 5000) to persons outside of the Verizon network you need to be on the unlimited plan.

Another alternative is to use an Instant messaging application (AIM, Messenger, etc.) that does not count towards your text count to communicate with your friend on Sprint.  That is how I avoid having to pay too much for texting.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

5k messeges is 167 per day or @ 10 per hour if you sleep 8 hours

id suggest slowing down your gonna wear out your keypad

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

mdram4x4 wrote:

Obviously you don't have kids.   :smileywink:

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Spiral wrote:

Your best alternative (in my opinion) is to upgrade your texting plan to the unlimited plan for $30/month.  If you are sending/receiving that many messages (over 5000) to persons outside of the Verizon network you need to be on the unlimited plan. It's $30 for a family plan unlimited text messaging, up to 5 lines unlimited.

Another alternative is to use an Instant messaging application (AIM, Messenger, etc.) that does not count towards your text count to communicate with your friend on Sprint.  That is how I avoid having to pay too much for texting.  Are you sure? See response by Verizon rep above.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

lewisr13 wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

Obviously you don't have kids.   :smileywink:

nope but if i did i would limit them to max 250 a month

and most likely it would be a simple ruggged phone like the gzone

they would hate me :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

nope but if i did i would limit them to max 250 a month

and most likely it would be a simple ruggged phone like the gzone

they would hate me :smileyhappy:

Yeah they would! My 22 year old employed college graduate send/receives 8 to 10k per month. Yes, he pays for his portion. One of my accounts(unlimited texting) uses about 30 to 35k texts per month and about 300 talk minutes.

0 Likes