Unread message counter gone crazy
allyk86

I have an HTC Imagio and every so often I will send a message to someone and it will mistakenly send it to myself. When it does this, it creates an unread message in my message counter but there are no unread messages. I also have unread/unsent messages in my Outbox that do not exist either.

I want to throw my phone against a wall because it's telling me I have 7 unread messages in my Inbox and I do not. I've tried taking out the battery, powering down the phone randomly, making sure the messages are being sent to someone other than myself - basically everything outside of resetting my phone which I don't want to do.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so, how did you fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unread message counter gone crazy
Not applicable

Hello allyk86. Thank you for sharing your issue and I understand how this issue would be very nerve wrecking. I have seen some other reports of this issue and our product team recommends downloading this hot fix to your phone http://www.freewareppc.com/communication/fixunreadcount.shtml. Please click on FixUnreadCount.exe under download on that page (from your phone) and let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes