Unsolicited Text Messages
jjs0749

I just received two text messages from number 900080004102. The message give me a PIN number. I haven't been in my Verizon account since last month. Can some one tell me what this is??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unsolicited Text Messages
JuliaGee

Nothing to add except the same thing happened to me this morning. First was at 6:39 AM, followed exactly 20 mins later with another. Each text had a different PIN number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Julia, we want to make sure your accounts are protected. We are here to provide support. This sounds like a verification code being sent to your phone. This could be because the “Verizon Messages” option is being set up on a computer or on another device. Follow this link for more information: http://vz.to/2l8wrfD

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

jjs0749​ ,

I know that if I received a verification pin, would definitely raise some questions. There are currently no known issues to have caused an automatic pin to be sent to your phone and your account security is important to us. I want to make sure that your account is secure.  Have you been able to log into your My Verizon Account since the pin has been sent? Please keep us posted.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
Wolf007

i have never published or given out my number as this is a data only device yet have gotten text messages twice from the below the only way this could happen is if Verizon is selling numbers or allowing mass spam texting on their system. again i have NEVER given the data only number out.

518-757-7248

RayBan Megasales 90% gdR3c0t.ad-sense.guru/R19Bjdsh/gdR3c0t

04/23/2018 10:01 PM

518-554-5011

Rayban 90% Off Limited Offer gdR3c0t.lksdjf.world/RBsdsd/gdR3c0t

04/05/2018 12:53 PM
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you don't get unwanted text message spam on that data only device, Wolf007. Please keep in mind that Verizon does not keep or sell your number in a directory. Many phone numbers are recycled. In order to best assist, I have sent a private message.  To see this private message, go here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

0 Likes