Unwanted text message from Adjam promos
chgr99
Which I believe was unsolicited despite having web/email spam blocks enabled. Has anyone received a similar message? Any idea where they originate from?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unwanted text message from Adjam promos
CrabbyCAT

I keep getting the same message texted to me from Adjam Promos over and over. But since it is coming from 66337 I can't block it using Verizon's text blocking option since it says that I need to enter a 10-digit number. It's REALLY frusterating!

0 Likes
vleal

I recieved the first message from them today at 2:16. I responded "stop" as soon as I read it. The resent me the same message about ten minutes ago TWICE within a two minute period. I have no idea who these people are.

0 Likes
fishndad

I just submitted a complaint online to the FCC, you should too: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

The more complaints they receive, the faster they will investigate and stop these clowns.

0 Likes
Catspjamas

I received the first message from ADJam about 10 minutes ago, and immediately texted back stop.  Five minutes later, I receive the same message.  What burns me up, is I'll be charged for receiving their unwanted txt msg, and charged for having to txt back.

Cats

0 Likes
Unwanted text message from Adjam promos
jko1987

Does Anyone know how to get rid of it ?

0 Likes
danah

I got the text from AdJam Promos today as well - around 5:50pm Central.  I am filing report with FTC.  Verizon needs to step up to the plate to help fight this and help to block this.  I have a busy enough life with work to have to come home and deal with this crap.  I didn't reply to their email.  If I see any charges, I will fight it.  I am sick of being taken advantage of by these crooks.

0 Likes
PooBear

I received three texts from Adjam Promos on my business phone but nothing on my personal phone...  each were about 40 minutes apart.  I have replied 'stop' each time...  This is annoying because I did not sign up for anything like this...  Verizon what's going on?

0 Likes
PooBear

After contacting Verizon and investigating further, I found that these AdJam Promos are a product of "thinkLA".  

http://www.thinkla.org/en/rel/62/

Here's their contact info:

thinkLA

4223 Glencoe Ave.
Suite C-100
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
P: 310-823-7320
F: 310-823-7325
E: 
info@thinkla.org
Verizon recommends we contact them to ensure we do not get charged any fees.  Also, the rep had me reply "cancel" instead of "stop" to the text message.  Hopefully that will work.  And finally, Verizon put a free Premium Block on my phones to block these types of texts coming in again...  Good Luck!

0 Likes
chgr99
This is all good info PooBear. I googled them as well and this was the only lead I could find. Good to hear I'm not the only one that's affected, otherwise I'd be 2nd guessing whether I did or didn't signup. I also filed a complaint with the FCC as others on this thread have done. I also intend to contact Verizon and ensure I am not charged for this text msg. Verizon needs to give us a way to definitively block ALL incoming text messages if we want without charging us for it. I don't text and I don't want to receive any, PERIOD. I live in MA and my # has been listed on their do not call registry since 2005, so I intend to also file a complaint with the state consumer affairs div.
0 Likes