Usage Control Restrictions
juan_g1559
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can not use my cell phone while at work, so I log on to Verzionwireless.com and use the  "MyVerizon" > My Plan & Services > Send A Message tabs to send messages.  Recently another screen has been popping up and preventing me from sending messages through the website.  "Your message was not sent due to usage control restrictions.  Contact your account owner to change your permissions." I am the account owner, and have been using the website to send message for a while now, and just recently had this screen start popping up.  I contacted tech support on the phone, as well as the chat bubble the pops up on the screen, both individuals could not help me either.  I have searched the whole website trying to change the usage control restrictions with no success. Someone please help!!!

Warning.bmp

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Usage Control Restrictions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

juan.g1559,

I know how important being able to keep in touch throughout your day is. We want to make this work. I sent a PM so we can get more details we'll need to help. Please respond when you can.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

juan.g1559, we certainly want to help ensure that you're able to send messages whenever you don't have your device on hand. Sending messages online is a great convenience and we want this to work for you. Let's gather some additional information to make sure we can help get this resolved once and for all. First, when you sign into your My Verizon account from the computer, you'll see a dark gray bar that says "Welcome, (name) !", can you tell us what you see right below that? It should says Account Owner, Account Manager, or Account Member. Second, may we ask if you're able to sign in and send messages from your home computer or any other computer besides the one you use at work?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
juan_g1559
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does say account owner.  And I have not tried to log on to any other computer.  And I will not be able to try that until 8pm tonight when I get home.

Lieutenant Gonzales

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Geddy2112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this problem. I am the account owner, and it happens both at work and at home on my laptop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How strange, Geddy2112. I appreciate you testing with multiple computers. I want to look further into this for you. I have sent you a direct message. Please reply to my direct message so I can continue to assist.

AndreaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmancuso
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also started having this same problem.  sometimes I am able to send the message, and sometimes and often i get the error.   The problem started about 4 or 5 days ago.

0 Likes
Geddy2112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this problem for more than a month on both my work and home computers. I've been working with a Verizon technician. For me, it appears the solution is to disable Family Base usage controls and re-enable them after some period of time. After disabling Family Base (i.e. removing that from my plan), online messaging works reliably. I re-enabled Family Base and set it back up for my account a little while ago, and I am still able to use desktop messaging. I'll continue testing throughout the day, but if you want this to work now, I suggest you disable any usage controls you may have set on your account.

juan_g1559
Enthusiast - Level 2

I disabled my Family Base, and this seems to work.  My messages have been going through now.  Thank you Geddy2112!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmancuso, we know that you need your messages going through smoothly again. While we are working to update this, currently we have found that this message will begin to appear in conjunction with Family Base. Disabling this feature will remove these error messages. I hope this helps.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes