Re: Usage Control Restrictions
Geddy2112
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appeared that disabling Family Base for a period of time (less than 24 hours)....for me that meant actually removing it from my plan, then re-adding at a later time, solved this problem.

I have since re-enabled and re-configured Family Base, and I am using the desktop messaging now with no issues.

Thank you to my Verizon Tech, Carla, for working this to completion.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that update, Geddy2112. This is something that we want to get looked into so that you can fully utilize your services. Have you had any issues after restoring the application?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jmancuso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well - I removed my Family Base feature from my plan as suggested.  I guess I'll save $4.99 / month now.

0 Likes
jmancuso
Enthusiast - Level 3

My family base has been disabled for over 36 hours and I am still receiving the message.  That did not resolve my problem.  Thank you.

0 Likes
jmancuso
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had family base disabled for over a week, and I am still experiencing this problem.  Is there any update on a solution?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Does turning the device off, removing the SIM card and then powering it back up and reinserting the SIM card help at all?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmancuso, thank you for your patience and for continuing to work with us.  We want to help you get this problem resolved ASAP.  Can you describe the problems you continue to have sending messages? 

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jmancuso
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue as the original post.  I am using online browser based messaging.

"https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do  (double quote added so you can view the URL)

Frequently, when trying to send a message, I receive the following pop up error: Your message was not
sent due to usage control restrictions. Contact your account owner to change
your permissions.

The error occurs in both Internet Explorer and in Chrome.  I have closed the browser windows, signed out, signed back in again, and the errors frequently occur.

As suggested in this thread, I have disabled family base on my plan - it is still disabled - and the issue has continued to occur.

Thank you.

jmancuso
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any follow up on this yet?  I'm still having this issue.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're still having the same issues with your text messaging jmancuso . Are you having the issues with a specific number that you send messages to? Do you have your messages synced with any other devices?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes