Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Using Contacts List to Block Text Messages
tmp585

Is there any Verizon phone that allows the user to block an incoming text message when the sender is not listed in the phone's Contact List?  I know that the function works for telepone calls, but I am looking for a similar feature for text messaging.  It seems like a rather basic function given that a phone displays the telephone number or the name of the contact that is texting you.  Any comments are appreciated.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Using Contacts List to Block Text Messages
TheGreatOne

tmp585 wrote:

Is there any Verizon phone that allows the user to block an incoming text message when the sender is not listed in the phone's Contact List?  I know that the function works for telepone calls, but I am looking for a similar feature for text messaging.  It seems like a rather basic function given that a phone displays the telephone number or the name of the contact that is texting you.  Any comments are appreciated.  Thanks.

No I don't think a phones have that option. On my Env2 I have the option to block all incoming & outgoing messages.

If you want to just block incoming text messsages from a certain phone number you can just use the free Spam Controls on your online account. You can block up to 5 numbers for free. The block will last 90 days.

0 Likes
randynevin

Blocking specific phone numbers does not help at all, since spammers can regenerate a new fake phone number at will for each spam message. I need the ability to block all messages from non-contact origins and send them to a spam folder. It seems like this would be a simple function for the programmers to provide, and so very useful to so many users, it's hard to understand why they haven't provided it.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes