Using Message+ when phone is off
philw1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will message+ still work if my phone is turned off? I was trying to use message+ via my android tablet while the phone was off but it did not receive a text message that I was expecting, same result in the browser and Verizon webpage messaging on desktop computer. Does the sim need to be active on the network to send/receive messages via Message+?

Labels (1)
Re: Using Message+ when phone is off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive text messages via the Message Plus app when your phone is turned off is very important, philw1959.  If your device is turned off, you should still receive your messages on the Message Plus website.  If your SIM card is not active, that can definitely cause some issues.  I use the same feature and I had my phone turned off and my new messages showed up on the website immediately. 

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
philw1959
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to come through.

0 Likes
klecompte
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I can see text messages that arrived before the phone was turned off, but no new messages after the phone was turned off.  I'm using the Verizon website web.vma.verizon.com.

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes